Make Music LA, Beyond the Bell, Branch of Los Angeles Unified School District and The Jazz Education Network have partnered to coordinate a special musical event for City National Plaza in Downtown Los Angeles.
We are seeking musician’s who are students, professionals and amateurs along with singers, choirs, groups and individuals to perform Holiday music. The event is a Holiday Flash Mob at the iconic City National Plaza in Downtown Los Angeles.
Call For Musicians & Singers - Groups & Individuals
Thursday, December 18, 2014 5PM – 6PM
[holiday_register]City National Plaza
515 South Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Parking/Under the Central Library
524 South Flower Street Garage
Please bring your library card or sign up for one on the spot. You will be able to get validated parking at the Library. The cost will be between $1 and $5 with the validation. Enter at 4:00PM for the evening rate.
Time Line for Christmas Flash Mob / Christmas Concert
Music Rehearsal - Tuesday, December 16
6:30PM – 8:30PM
Performance at City National Plaza - Thursday, December 18
- 2:30PM – Staff Arrives
- 3:00PM – Logistics Meeting
- 4:00PM – Schools Arrive
- 4:15PM – Rhythm Section sets up
- 4:50PM – Artist in place
- 5:00PM – Flash Mob begins
- 5:20PM – School Performance begin
- 5:30PM – Second School performance
- 5:40PM – Third School Performance begins
- 5:50PM – Finale for the performances
- This concert will be performed in the spirit of a jam session. The rhythm section will set the "GROOVE" the group will play the melody, then the song will be open for improvisation (solo, duet, duet trio, etc. Hand signals will be used to communicate backgrounds, interludes, etc.)
- The tunes are in concert pitch and they should transpose accordingly.
- Download Music Sheet (PDF)
Tony White, Musical Director
Professional jazz musician, musical director, teacher, philanthropist Tony White is one of those all-around talents whose mastery of the tenor sax, soprano sax, alto sax makes him the perfect headliner as well as the perfect mentor.
Tony has received numerous awards during his illustrious career UC Riverside Chancellor Award, a Humanitarian Award from the Omni Youth Music Awards and Outstanding Soloists Awards from The National Association of Jazz Educators.
Tony is the Head Director of the LAUSD All Marching Band and the coordinator of Visual and Performing Arts for the LAUSD Beyond the Bell arts program.